For those who love intense flavours, we created a blend in which spicy ginger mixes and strikes a balance with liquorice, apple and lemon. A sweet and slightly hot flavour, with sour aromatic notes from lemon peel and ginger, in a tea that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Corfu’s famous tzitzibira, or ginger ale, whose main ingredient is ginger, became a favourite on the island during the period of English rule.
Prepare your cold tea correctly
Cold water method
• Fill a 1-litre jug with room-temperature water.
• Put 5 rounded teaspoons of tealeaves into a paper filter.
• Submerge the filter in the water and let steep 30 minutes for green tea, 45 minutes for black tea and 60 minutes for herbal and fruit teas.
• Remove the filter, top up with ice cubes and serve. Can be kept for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
Hot water method
• Put 7 teaspoons of tea in 250 ml hot water and let steep for 4-5 minutes for black tea, 2-3 minutes for green tea, or 8-10 minutes for herbal and fruit teas.
• Add 2-4 tablespoons of sugar (optional).
• Pour this brew into a 1-litre pitcher filled with ice cubes, and add 2-3 slices of lemon.